This course is based on the book “Parenting is Heart Work” written by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller.
Parents may have a specific parenting strategy to raising children. But very often, it is based on behavior. While parents might be able to influence how their children act, real change has to take places in their hearts. God has a heart-based approach to working with people. This same truth changes many strategies and approaches parents use with their kids.
This course helps parents address eight key areas in children’s heart. Parents will learn practical routines to develop responsibility and cooperation, hear practical ideas for connecting with their kids emotionally, and develop new routines that teaches children to change their hearts, not just their behaviors.
The course is suitable for parents with children from 2 to 18 years old. It has eight weekly sessions. It can be taught in Mandarin, Cantonese or English.
- Reaching Deep into a Child’s Heart
- Teaching Kids to Listen and Follow Instruction
- Correction Ideas that Touch the Heart
- A Toolbox of Consequences
- Ending Discipline Times with Impact
- Teaching Children to Accept No as an Answer
- Attitude: A Window into a Child’s Heart
- How to Start Connecting With the Heart
If you are interested in this course to be delivered at your church or to get more information, please email us: email@example.com or call (425) 891-0357.